Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

You Make My Day

Hello!

Today is the final chapter in the series devoted to friendship/thinking of you cards.  I tried to make this one as gender-neutral as possible, which is yet another step out of my comfort zone.  Like dressing little girls, making cards with a feminine touch is far easier than making those for men, but I need to get busy and do more for the guys.  After all, they need lifting up too.


This one went together lickety split, though it wasn't my intention.  My cards usually take me hours, but this time I wanted to use layers of die cuts from Spellbinders Nestabilities "Resplendent Rectangles" to add importance to the simple heat embossed sentiment, and when they were assembled, the card really didn't ask for much in the way of embellishment.  Believe me, I tried.  I LOVE embellishments, even on cards for guys, and I tried this way and that to add more, but the card said STOP ALREADY, so I did.  Two small satin ribbon flags and two metal popped up corners was enough.  (I did sneak in some silver embossing on the edges of the base layer.  So there.)


I love these little metal corners and how they pop up to add depth.  And here's where you can see the subtle silver edge to the base layer.

I kept the inside super simple with contrasting layers only. 

Thank you for joining me, and I want you, my lovely readers, to know that YOU make my day!

Happy crafting!



This card is for sale in my Etsy shop.


1 comment:

Paperesse said...

...and it'a another beauty, Shea! Love the simple design and the metal corners especially. Great card for either a guy or a gal.