Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Grungy Guy Tag w/CI Paints

Hello!

I'm here today with a tag that I made for my son's birthday gift a few days ago (I've already profiled his gift card holder in a previous post).  I wanted to add a little something extra so used some of my favorite Creative Inspirations Paints for a little extra pizazz.

My gift tags have always been too small in the past, so I decided to cut one on my Silhouette Cameo so I could adjust the size to my specifications.  More real estate for more stuff.


I first sponged the base with three colors of distress inks then sponged over a stencil with more inks.  Then I sponged around the edges of each stencil opening with first Burn Sienna and then Autumn Wheat which gave the stencil some great shimmer!


I stamped the next layer then started adding the embellishments.  Copper ball chain, chipboard brads, some metal photo corners and a fun floral/burlap embellishment all came together to make a fun tag fit for a guy.


The burlap was a little too light, so I dry brushed some Burnt Sienna on it using my finger and used the scraps under the leather-look "flower."  I made the flower by misting and scrunching some circles of cardstock and layering them with a brad in the center.  Then I painted them with Burnt Clay and Autumn Wheat.  The flower winds up looking like leather every time.

The final touch was the leather cord at the top.

Thank you for joining me, and don't forget to play along in our latest challenge, Inspired By: Back to School.

Happy crafting!


Challenges entered:


3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wowser, Miss Shea! This is gorgeous! Love that "starry" button flower in all its shiny glory! And the amazing coloris and textures on your tag's background. So pretty with the photograph corners, burlap and pearls - wonderful combination of textures (which I never would have thought of using together) Looks lovely, then beautiful, then artsy, then steam-punky, then just plain amazing. (can "plain" ever be amazing?) LOL Hope your week-end is as awesome as your tag! hugs, de

Kristie Goulet said...

Awesome tag, Shea! Love all the details!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very cool, Shea! I hadn't realized you are on the DT for CIP. I was too, at one point. Don't you just love those paints??