Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

CAS? ME??

This is today's second post.  To see "Snowflake Bear" for A Gem of a Challenge, please go here.  (Or scroll down.)

Hello!

Today's card is made for the challenge going on over at the Addicted to CAS challenge blog.  ATCAS has teamed up with Inspired By Stamping, and we at IBS are contributing our creations.  Now anyone who knows me knows that I quake at the notion of making a CAS card.  No multiple layers?  No die cuts here, there, everywhere? No buckets of glitter and flowers?  Whaaa???

Hold your horses.  Nobody said I couldn't have glitter.  Or flowers.  Or layers.  Well, not out loud at least.  So here is my contribution and I hope it satisfies the requirement that CAS is Clean and Simple.  This is clean.  And simple.  I did color the image, but it was a quick coloring.  That should count, right?  RIGHT??

*ahem*
 

I used one of the stamps from the IBS Elegant Flowers set and colored it with watercolor pencils.  Keeping it simple, you know.



Then I stippled the background with a Copic marker for a little added interest.

In keeping with the sketch (shown below), I applied Scor Tape in two widths to each side and covered them with Art Glitter, which is the sparkliest glitter I know.  OK, I was feeling better by this time.

A small double-layered sentiment with a couple of rhinestones finishes the card, and by now I was feeling pretty mellow.  CAS?  I can do CAS.

And that, dear readers, is my CAS card for the day.  For the week.  Probably for the year.  (Just kidding.)

Thank you for joining me today and I wish you a happy Saturday full of clean and simple pleasures with a little sparkle to jazz things up.

Happy crafting!



Challenges entered:

Simon Says...Anything Goes
Pile It On #30 - Anything Goes
613 Ave. Create #30 - Anything Goes/Friendship Day
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes

Stamp Nation Sketch #10




8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty, Shea! Lots of sparkle and beautiful shading. Love the feeling that the dots give - like lots of motion in the fragrance of your rose. Magical! hugs, de

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful summer yellow rose! Well done [I know you struggle with CAS style] - you rocked it!

Kristi said...

Gorgeous, Shea! Love your CAS!

Kylie said...

You have really done a fantastic job! Your yellow rose is so beautiful. Well done on the CAS! Thanks for participating over at ATCAS xx

Catherine Pooler said...

beautiful, beautiful job! I left you love over at StampNation on this one! Gorg!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Shea :-) the image and whole design is beautiful :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Flo Langley said...

Fabulous card and beautiful colouring. Thank you for playing along with ATCAS.
Florence x

Mau xx said...

So Pretty, I love the Rose and the sparkle is a wonderful finish to the card.
Hugs Mau xx